If your practice uses EMIS, this article will show you how to make sure that Anima and EMIS are set up correctly so that they work with each other properly.
Before you start, make sure you are logged in to both Anima and EMIS.
Step 1: set EMIS as your EHR in Anima
To do this, you will need to update your individual user settings, and your organisation settings. You only need to configure these settings once.
Step 2: give EMIS access to Anima
- Open EMIS. Click the EMIS logo in the top left to bring up the menu:
- Click the EMIS logo in the top left corner to bring up the EMIS menu:
- Click System Tools, then EMAS Manager:
- From the EMAS screen, click on Partner API if it's not already selected, and look for 'Anima' in left-hand side list:
- Click Anima to highlight it. The screenshot shows an example with our test app, called ContinuumTest:
- Click Activate application in the top toolbar:
Step 3: Give all your staff access to Anima
- From your EMAS Manager, click 'Login Access'.
- Click 'User' to order the list and then tick the two boxes 'Auto Login' and 'Allow Login' next to each user you want to enable.💡 TIP: If you see a user appear twice in this list, we recommend ticking the boxes for both accounts:
Now check Edit Users:
- Click 'Edit Users'
- Click 'User' to order and tick the box next to the users you wish to enable.💡 TIP: If you see a user appear twice in this list, we recommend ticking the boxes for both accounts:
- When asked for a password, create one - you won't need it again. You will need to meet EMAS Manager's password requirements to be able to click on the 'OK' button:
✅ And you're done! As part of your onboarding process, your account manager will complete a connection test with you to make sure everything is running as it should be. You should remind other users at your practice that they will need to complete some of these steps too.
I don't know my EMIS username!
- If you don't know your EMIS username, there are a few places that you can find it:
EMIS Web login screen
- When you log in to EMIS Web, you can see your username (and your EMIS organisation ID) in the window that appears:
Article is closed for comments.