If your practice uses SystmOne (TPP), this article will show you how to make sure that Anima and SystmOne are set up correctly so that they work with each other properly.
Before you start, make sure you are logged in to both Anima and SystmOne.
Step 1: set SystmOne as your EHR in Anima
To do this, you will need to update your individual user settings, and your organisation settings. You only need to configure these settings once.
- First, let's update your user settings. From your Anima dashboard, click User settings:
This is where we'll tell Anima what your SystmOne username is. Enter your SystmOne username in the EHR username box. 💡 TIP: make sure you enter the right username! This should be the username you use to log into SystmOne.
Where do I find my SystmOne username?
You can view your SystmOne username from the SystmOne authentication screen:
If your username isn’t displayed, or use your smartcard to access SystmOne and don’t know your username, you can also find your username once you’re logged in to SystmOne:
- Click Setup, then Users & Policy, then Staff & Organisation Setup:
- Find your name in the staff list:
- Right click your name and select Amend Staff:
- Your username will be displayed under Logon Details, as User logon name:
Make sure you scroll to the bottom of this page and click Save changes to continue :
- Now, we'll update the settings for your whole organisation to set your EHR as SystmOne. Click Organisation settings in the left-hand menu:
- Enter your practice's ODS code in the first box. 💡 TIP: if you don't know your practice's ODS code, you can search for your organisation using the NHS ODS portal (https://odsportal.digital.nhs.uk/Organisation/Search):
- Then select SystmOne from the EHR dropdown menu:
- You can leave the EMIS Organisation ID box blank - this is only required for practices using EMIS.
- That's it! Make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page and click save changes to continue.
Step 2: Approving Anima in SystmOne
The next time you log in to SystmOne, a pop up will appear as shown below, asking you to approve Anima:
Please click 'Approve' to enable Anima to work with SystmOne.
If you don’t see this message, or don’t click approve, you can still approve Anima in SystmOne’s settings.
In SystmOne, click 'Setup' in the blue ribbon along the top of the window. Then, click 'Mobile Working & Integration' followed by 'Device Manager'.
- Click the arrow head next to 'Blocked' to view a list of blocked device instances.
- To find the instance which relates to your account, click on the Anima instances in the list of Blocked devices and check the details that load on the right. You want to find the instance which has your name in the 'Approved/Blocked by' field.
- One you have found the correct instance, click 'Approve Device' to approve Anima and allow you to use Anima with SystmOne.
And you're done! As part of your onboarding process, your account manager will complete a connection test with you to make sure everything is running as it should be. You should remind other users at your practice that they will need to complete some of these steps too.