You can search your EHR for a patient's contact details using their NHS number.
To use this method, you must be on a device connected to your EHR, have your EHR running and be logged in. If you cannot use this method, you should enter the patient's details manually - read this article for help on how to do this.
- On the Contact Patients page,
- Enter the patient's NHS number into the box. You must enter the NHS number without spaces.
- The search button will turn purple when you have entered a valid NHS number. Click search.
- If there is a match, the patient and their contact details will be displayed. Verify this is the patient you want to contact, then click Add to recipient list.
If a match cannot be found, Anima will alert you and prompt you to enter the patient's details manually.
- The patient is added to the recipient list. You can now compose and send your message!