Here's a step-by-step guide for SystmOne practices for ensuring that you will be able to book patients in for appointments via Anima's GP Connect integration. If you prefer, you can also watch a video produced by SystmOne here. If you have further questions or problems, please contact your Anima account manager.
GP Connect setup in SystmOne/TPP
Getting started - configure GP Connect roles for your team
- Before you start, any rotas that you wish to be visible to book via GP Connect in Anima must have an assigned staff member that has a GP Connect role allocated to them. If staff don't already have GP Connect roles allocated, you can do this from the Setup > Staff & Organisation Set up menu in SystmOne.
- Right-click on a member of staff in the list, then click Amend staff member. A screen of that staff members details should pop up.
- Select the Local Settings tab along the top, then select a GP Connect role from the drop down menu. Click Ok to save your changes.
Selecting rotas to be visible in Anima via GP Connect
- From your SystmOne dashboard, select the Setup menu> Users & Policy > Organisation Preferences:
- From the left-hand panel, select GP Connect then click Provider.
Ensure the ‘Enable GP Connect Appointments Provider’ box is ticked.
Select slot times you would like to make available:
- Option 1: Allow all slot times
- Option 2: Specify bookable slot types
- If that is the case select the service (Anima) and add to the box right next to the options
Set up rota booking rules
- You may have existing rota types that will be displayed here. If you want to add a new rota that you want to be able to book into via Anima & GP Connect, click on the plus symbol:
- Search for Anima
- Select if you want any organisation to be able to book into that rota type, or only specific organisations.
4. Click Ok
- Under the second section on this page, Organisation and organisation type specific rules for rota types, click on the plus symbol.
- You can now add a rota - such as your Anima slots - by clicking on the arrow to place it in the ‘Selected’ box on the right hand side.
- You can then set the number of bookable appointments per day (or leave this unlimited). You can also select the organisations you would like to be able to book into your slots by clicking the plus under the Organisations category.
- Search for your practice by typing in the search box. Once you have found your organisation, select it in the list and click Ok:
Select default GP
This is the registered and usual GP that will be assigned to patients booked into appointments by 3rd parties
1. Click on the dropdown next to Registered GP and select one of the GPs on the list to be the registered GP for appointments booked via 3rd party
2. Click on the dropdown next to Usual GP and select one of the GPs on the list to be the usual GP for appointments booked via 3rd party
3. Click Ok
Book appointments into another GP practice
1. Enter the GP Connect Consumer tab
2. Click the plus sign to choose the GP practices that you would like to book appointments into
3. Click Ok
|You can check appointments that your appointments are visible in GP Connect from this link: https://appointmentchecker.gpconnect.nhs.uk/